A brief summary of what happened in the SPICI group during summer 2017:
- Aurélie, Céline and Renato had a fruitful worm-sampling session in Britanny in July
- François gave a speech at the ESEB 2017 conference in Groningen
- Virginie's paper on the comparison of immunity among populations of Hediste diversicolor submitted to anthropogenic pollution has been accepted in Science of the Total Environment. The full reference of the paper is:
Cuvillier-Hot, V., Gaudron, S. M., Massol, F., Boidin-Wichlacz, C., Pennel, T., Lesven, L., Net, S., Papot, C., Ravaux, J., Vekemans, X., Billon, G., & Tasiemski, A. (in press) Immune failure reveals vulnerability of populations exposed to pollution in the bioindicator species Hediste diversicolor. Science of the Total Environment
A quick summary of what happened around February-March 2017:
- Aurélie and François participated in the CNRS "Prospectives INEE" in Bordeaux (Feb 22-24)
- Aurélie presented a poster at the Gordon Research Conference on antimicrobial peptides (Feb 26 - March 3)
- François' abstract has been accepted for the ESEB conference in Groningen
- We received some good news from the ANR
- Two papers have been published:
Jacqueline, C., Biro, P., Beckmann, C., Moller, A. P., Renaud, F., Sorci, G., Tasiemski, A., Ujvari, B., &Thomas, F. (2017) Cancer: a disease at the crossroads of trade-offs. Evolutionary Applications, 10, 215-225.
Jacquot, M., Tixier, P., Flores, O., Muru, D., Massol, F., Derepas, B., Chiroleu, F., & Deguine, J.-P. (2017) Contrasting predation services of predator and omnivore diversity mediated by invasive ants in a tropical agroecosystem. Basic and Applied Ecology, 18, 31-39.
Tomorrow (15/12/2016), Aurélie will sit in the jury of Simon Le Bloa's PhD defense in Brest (on host-symbiont interactions in the extremophile shrimp Rimicaris exoculata), while François will give a talk at the Maths-Bio conference on propagation phenomena and spatial organization in biology in Dauphine.
On September 15th, Aurélie gave a seminar at the MIVEGEC lab in Montpellier.
On September 22nd, the PIONEER project (PI: Daniela Zeppilli), in which Aurélie, Céline and Chloé will take active roles, was officially launched.
And finally, the SPICI group is glad to welcome our two new PhD students: Chloé Gonzalez and Clémentine Bernier!