A new paper on the interaction between infections and cancer, just published in BMC Cancer!
Jacqueline, C., Tasiemski, A., Sorci, G., Ujvari, B., Maachi, F, Missé, D., Renaud, F., Ewald, P., Thomas, F. and Roche, B. 2017. Infections and cancer: the “fifty shades of immunity” hypothesis. BMC cancer 17, 257.
Two communication pieces on recent papers by the SPICI group:
- A press release by the CNRS on Poirotte et al. "Mandrills use olfaction to socially avoid parasitized conspecifics"
- A post on the Oikos blog on Lamy et al. "The contribution of species–genetic diversity correlations to the understanding of community assembly rules"
Claire's paper has just been accepted by Scientific Reports!
Papot, C., Massol, F., Jollivet, D., & Tasiemski, A. (in press) Antagonistic evolution of an antibiotic and its molecular chaperone: how to maintain a vital ectosymbiosis in a highly fluctuating habitat. Scientific Reports
We'll put the link to the pdf as soon as it's out.
Three books now available with contribution and/or edition by SPICI members.
Ecology and Evolution of Cancer
Networks of Invasion: A Synthesis of Concepts
Networks of Invasion: Empirical Evidence and Case Studies
A quick summary of what happened around February-March 2017:
- Aurélie and François participated in the CNRS "Prospectives INEE" in Bordeaux (Feb 22-24)
- Aurélie presented a poster at the Gordon Research Conference on antimicrobial peptides (Feb 26 - March 3)
- François' abstract has been accepted for the ESEB conference in Groningen
- We received some good news from the ANR
- Two papers have been published:
Jacqueline, C., Biro, P., Beckmann, C., Moller, A. P., Renaud, F., Sorci, G., Tasiemski, A., Ujvari, B., &Thomas, F. (2017) Cancer: a disease at the crossroads of trade-offs. Evolutionary Applications, 10, 215-225.
Jacquot, M., Tixier, P., Flores, O., Muru, D., Massol, F., Derepas, B., Chiroleu, F., & Deguine, J.-P. (2017) Contrasting predation services of predator and omnivore diversity mediated by invasive ants in a tropical agroecosystem. Basic and Applied Ecology, 18, 31-39.
Tomorrow (15/12/2016), Aurélie will sit in the jury of Simon Le Bloa's PhD defense in Brest (on host-symbiont interactions in the extremophile shrimp Rimicaris exoculata), while François will give a talk at the Maths-Bio conference on propagation phenomena and spatial organization in biology in Dauphine.